Wednesday 4 September 2019

WWC237 - Michelle's Feminine "Anything Goes" Challenge

Yay!  Michelle is hosting our awesome Feminine "Anything Goes" Challenge and I am finally going to put ink to the adorable octopus image from the Sea of Textures bundle.  Over the months I've reached for it many times, but each time found myself doing something completely different.  This time the gorgeous Perennial Essence Designer Series Paper inspired me to use the octopus.


Look at the wonderful colours in the background.  Isn't it just perfect as an undersea cavern?  Of course my octopus is sporting rather unique colours since I stamped the image using Melon Mambo and then coloured the white portion of the underneath using my Flirty Flamingo Stampin' Blends.  Who knew those colours would compliment each other so well?  And don't you just love those sparkling black rhinestone eyes?

I used a base of Heavy Whisper White and then added a layer of the Highland Heather cardstock before adding the Perennial Essence DSP.  The netting in the background is cut from the retired Galvanized Metal foil using the matching Under the Sea dies.


In this close-up you can see those sparkling eyes so much better.  I love all the colours and I believe Madame Octopus is quite pleased with the ones I chose for her.

I hope you'll check out the wonderful creations by the Watercooler Artists over at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

I've entered my card into the following challenges:


Lemon Shortbread Challenge #101 - Anything Goes

Get Creative Challenges #84 - Anything Goes



7 comments:

  1. That DSP is stunning and perfect for your sea background. Love that you chose pick for your octopus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, that dp is a wonderful background for the fun octopus, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your gorgeous colourful octopus card Heidi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card makes me smile! It looks like the octopus is waving with one of his tentacles. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect DP paper for a sea theme Heidi! Great fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your brightly coloured octopus. They change colour and squirt ink when they are distressed, did you know that? Great back ground too. I don't own this set but I so nearly bought it recently when I saw a great sentiment which read "Some friends come and go in your life and some of them stick to you like an octopus on your face" I hope that makes you smile. Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for joining at Get Creative Challenges!
    Irene DT Member

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.