Wednesday 27 March 2019

WWC214 - Marsha's "All About Occasions" Challenge

I love our "All About Occasions" challenges, don't you?  This time of the year, especially, they give me a chance to put together some fun Easter projects.


I have two grandsons and one of the things both love about Easter is the hunt.  We can only hope that the snow will be gone this year and that it isn't replaced by rain.  Paper products just don't do all that well when it's wet, nor do the yummy chocolate-filled eggs in these little baskets.  I have to give credit to Angie Juda for this pattern.  Although I made a few cosmetic changes, I stayed true to her measurements.  If you click on Angie's name, you'll find the instructions, a great video and an awesome template.

I've combined the newest Sale-a-bration paper, the Painted Seasons Designer Series paper, with one of the absolutely adorable stamp sets from the Occasions Catalogue, the Fable Friends set.  I love that bunny because he makes me think of Peter Rabbit and, of course, that makes me think of poor Mr. McGregor who was forever trying to save his carrots and cabbage from the marauding bunnies.  Yes, I know those are flowers on the Designer Paper, but look at them sideways and squint, and they make perfect cabbages.

I've used Crumb Cake for the basic baskets and then added the pieces of Designer Paper.  For the bunnies, I stamped them on pieces of Whisper White, cut them out using the Stitched Oval Framelits and then coloured them using my Stampin' Blends and Watercolour Pencils.  The Matte is Call Me Clover, which is one of the colours in the Designer Paper.


I hope you'll check out the wonderful creations by the Watercooler Artists over at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

I've entered my card into the following challenges:


Lemon Shortbread Challenge #90 - Anything Goes

Get Creative Challenges #78 - Anything But A Card

Incy Wincy Designs Challenge - For the Men and Boys

6 comments:

  1. Love these little Easter baskets Heidi. You've inspired me to make some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are adorable Heidi and yes they remind me of Peter Rabbit too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your grandson's are going to love these cute and creative little box's full of eggs x Love them x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those baskets are darling! Such a fun idea for Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute little baskets Heidi! Love those "Peter Rabbits"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are wonderful! I'm going to check out the instructions

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.