Wednesday 30 January 2019

WWC206 - Anything Goes Challenge

It's the fifth week of January and so the theme for our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge is "Anything Goes".  What could be better than using the brand new House-Mouse Design, "Sweet Workout"!  It's a huge stamp but, oh, was it ever fun colouring it and bringing it to life!


I love the detail in this image, don't you?  I decided to use my Faber-Castell colour pencils and Gamsol for this.  I find layering the colour and blending it with the Gamsol and my little Blending Tortillons really added dimension to the images.  After colouring the adorable little Mudpie Mouse and the tasty looking fruit candies, I added a soft grey to the floor and a soft blue to the wall.

The Poppy Parade cardstock came closest in colour to those yummy looking candies and so I used that as my matte.  Of course I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment using the same colour of ink.  My base for the card is the Heavy Whisper White cardstock.


I hope you'll check out the wonderful creations by the Watercooler Artists over at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

I've also entered this creation in the following challenges:


Lemon Shortbreat Challenge #86 - Anything Goes

Tuesday Throwdown Challenge #424 - Anything Goes

House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenges #283 - Anything Goes

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes

12 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, adorable workout, thanks needed this. Beautiful designed creation and lovely stamp used, great colouring. Thanks for entering our challenge theme of "BUTTONS AND/BOWS" and good luck in the draw.
    [aussie aNNie Design Team Member for House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenges]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Annie. I loved this image so colouring came easily.

      Delete
  2. Heidi, your card is such fun. Little mouse sure looks proud of himself. My Granddaughter is a power lifter, and I have used this stamp for her and it is fun to color up. Wonderful bright colors and card. Thanks for sharing it with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge and joining the fun.

    Hugs
    Sue
    PS (my daughter's name is Heidi!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sue. As soon as I saw the candies were fruits, I knew I could use bold, bright colours which made it so much more fun. Love that your daughter is also a Heidi. :)

      Delete
  3. Heidi - what a cutey! I just love your card! Your colors are beautifully blended.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Heather. I love these wonderful House Mouse images. Combining coloured pencils and Gamsol has become my new colouring obsession.

      Delete
  4. Super cute card Heidi love the gorgeous colouring so vibrant great mousey card.

    Thanks for sharing with us @ House Mouse & Friends Mon chall.

    mousey hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful Heidi
    Thank you for playing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.
    Goodluck and hope we see you again.

    Gr Karin DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Heidi :-) I love this image, so sweet (no pun intended ;-))and your colouring is fabulous! Love the whole CAS design of this :-)

    thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute birthday card so beautifully coloured. Thank you for joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday challenge.
    Dorte x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww this is just adorable. How cute is his little, mouse belly :-)
    Fab colouring. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an adorable image so prettily coloured. Super cute card x.

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.