Friday 7 December 2018

Enjoy the Warmth of the Season

When I saw the image of those adorable House Mouse characters huddled inside a broken ornament, warming their little hands with the flame of a candle, I knew I had to have it.  And now, having bought it, I've loved every moment of bringing the little characters to life.


Once I had stamped my image on a piece of Whisper White cardstock, I proceeded to colour it using my Kooh-i-noor Woodless Colour Pencils and Gamsol.  In order to make the ornament appear to be glass with a shiny finish, I went over it with my H2O paints.  The shine is subtle but makes it stand out against the furry mice.  For the snow, rather than colour it, I used my White Embossing paste and a spatula.  I didn't like the way it looked against the Whisper White once it dried and so painted over it using the Frost White Shimmer paint.  For the candle's flame, I set some yellow and red colour around the wick and then covered it with a coat of clear Nuvo drops.  Once it was dry, I added some more yellow with my Stampin' Blends and a coat of Wink of Stella.

I cut the image using a large Oval Die and then cut a matte from Poppy Parade using an Oval Rickrack Die.  I mounted it onto a piece of the versatile Wood Textures DSP and backed it with a piece of Kraft cardstock before mounting it onto a base of Heavy Whisper White.  The sentiment, from  the Hearts Come Home set, is heat embossed on Kraft Paper using White embossing powder.

I created this card for fun but am entering a couple of appropriate challenges with it:

HMFMC #280 - Anything Goes with an option of "Something Warm"

Colour Crazy Craft Challenge week 49 - Anything Goes Colouring Challenge

Winter Wonderland:  End of year, Anything Christmas goes!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful designed creation and lovely stamp used, great colouring. Thanks for entering our challenge and good luck in the draw.
    [aussie aNNie Design Team Member for House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenges]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww this is such an adorable stamp, so cute warming up together...proper church mice. lol Gorgeous take on the option chall theme.

    Thanks for sharing with us @ House Mouse & friends Mon chall.

    mousey hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable..gorgeous card..Thank you so much for sharing your project with us at Winter Wonderland..
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card with those lovely.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.