Wednesday 18 July 2018

WWC179 - Heidi's Masculine "Anything Goes" Challenge


It's my turn to host the Masculine "Anything Goes" Challenge this week.  What fun!  Masculine cards always add to the challenge, making me think outside my usual comfortable "box".  Of course I have enough men in my family to make having a stash of masculine cards a real bonus. 


I bought the Rooted In Nature Bundle right after the OnStage which Stampin' Up! hosted in Red Deer, Alberta.  Sadly this is the first time I will have used it.  And quite honestly, it's not purely a masculine styled bundle.  This set can be used for all sorts of occasions and creations.  Having used it now, and having loved all the images and framelits that make up my card, I am at a loss as to my long wait in  creating with it.  You can be assured I won't be waiting long to use it again.

Since this is a masculine challenge, I thought that using the carried-over Wood Textures Designer Series paper would be a great start.  In fact I pulled all my paper and ink colours from this designer paper.  My base is the new Gray Granite, then comes the designer paper, and then layers of Early Espresso and more Gray Granite.  That final layer of Gray Granite really shows off the great embossing possible with several pieces of the Nature's Roots Framelits dies.  I used all three of the embossing dies for this textured background. 

I also stamped the tree onto a piece of the Gray Granite using the Mossy Meadow ink, stamped off once.  Then I used the matching framelit to cut it out and mounted it onto the embossed piece using Dimensionals.  If you look carefully, you'll see that I actually stamped the tree several times and then added more dimension by cutting out three sections of foliage and mounting them over the stamped image.


I love how the copper ribbon allows itself to be pulled wider and formed.  That's what I've done here and then I've glued the undulating form onto the paper using Tombo white glue.  That embossed leaf is cut from Champagne Foil and then I've run my Smoky Slate marker over it to dull the shine and add more interest to the embossing.

I hope you'll check out the awesome creations by our other Watercooler Artists at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge blog.

I've also entered my card into the Sunday Stamps SSC183 - Cottage Colours

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.