Wednesday 4 October 2017

Inkspirational Challenge #144 - Hello

I've been dying to try a new technique called the Eclipse. It's probably been around for quite a while but I wasn't aware of it. With this year's eclipse of the sun, however, everyone seemed to get on the "bandwagon" with this technique. Now it's my turn.

Over at the Inkspirational Challenge, the word prompt is "Hello". Of course my alphabet letters didn't fit onto a regular 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" card (one letter too large), so I decided to make my card 7 1/4" x 4". It worked out perfectly and I am as happy as can be with my first effort at an Eclipse card.

I began with the retired Mint Macaron as my base. The next layer had to be Whisper White because I wanted to be able to stamp my images and watercolour them. For my stamp set I turned to the Pretty Kitty set as well as the Sharing Sweet Thoughts set (for the Ladybug). The colours I used for watercolouring are Real Red, Mint Macaron, Crushed Curry, Marina Mist, Smoky Slate and Blushing Bride. I love using my Aqua-Painter for projects like this.


There are some awesome cards to check out at the Inkspirational Challenge blog for this "Hello".

I've also added my card to the Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge which is all about Dies.

8 comments:

  1. OMG this is adorable and just awesome! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Use Your Dies!’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Darlene. Now that I've found the challenge I'll definitely be back.

      Delete
  2. Unique idea to create the "O" with the image panel. Love the eclipse effect and how the lady bugs seem to be walking across the letters. Thanks for joining the Sisterhood's "Use Dies" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wondeful die cutting, great use of this technique! I love the pop of color behind the white letters, it adds so much dimension and interest! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Nonni. Although Stampin' Up! has retired the Mint Macaron, it remains one of my favourite greens.

      Delete
  4. I LOVE the way you made the card! I've never heard of this technique before but I guess it means having a shadow like effect? I also love the little ladybugs you added on the letters, too cute! Thanks for joining us over at "The Sisterhood of Crafters" challenge and we hope you'll share more of your creations with us! Gwendolyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. It's my first go at this technique but I love the results and already have several others planned in my head.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.