Tuesday 28 June 2016

PCCCS201 - Thank you!


This week's Paper Craft Crew Challenge is going to last two weeks.  That will give everyone lots of time to work on a great card to link up for the challenge.  It's a great sketch with a lot of possibilities.


I know that I usually use a Heavy Whisper White as my base but this time I let my Designer Paper make the decision for me.  Since I decided to use a lovely Crumb Cake and Night of Navy design from the Affectionately Yours Specialty Designer Series paper, I decided to use Crumb Cake as the base for my card.  I followed that up with a layer of Night of Navy and then added the Designer Paper.  For the inner rectangle, I used a piece of Night of Navy and, for the lower portion, used Whisper White so that I could easily stamp an image and also Watercolour it using my Aqua Painter.  For the narrow strip at the top I used a piece of the Affectionately Yours Washi Tape.  

I decided to use the adorable image of the hedgehogs from the Love You Lots Hostess stamp set.  Watercolouring them with Crumb Cake and a bit of Blushing Bride really brought them to life.  For the little flower the one hedgehog is giving the other, I used my Watermelon Wonder and Cucumber Crush Stampin' Markers.  A little banner cut from Cucumber Crush and a flower cut from Watermelon Wonder completes the card.

That little line of dazzle between the Whisper White and the Washi Tape?  I've used the Gold Glitz Dazzling Details for that as well as for the centre of the die-cut flower.

I hope you'll join us at the Paper Craft Crew Challenge and create a card inspired by our sketch as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.