Wednesday 20 April 2016

WWC64 - Hello Spring


It's time for another Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and this time I'm the hostess who came up with the challenge.  Are you ready?  It's a CAS (clean and simple) challenge and is all about Spring.


You know all about clean and simple challenges, right?  You have to keep your creation simple and not overload the white space.  Hence the term, clean and simple.  It's not always easy because most of my cards are really detailed, but I love the challenge to force myself to think much more simply and create something that says a lot and looks great with just a little bit of detail on the card.

I chose to have a base in the lovely Shimmery White specialty cardstock.  I really love that paper.  It makes a wonderful base and I don't have to add more paper to the inside in order to stamp my sentiment or have a spot to write.  After all, it's already white and ready to go.  I added a layer of the same cardstock on which I stamped my image but used the Curvy Corner Trio Punch on the corners before adding it.  This paper is such a delight to use for watercolouring.  Not only does it take the colour beautifully, but it doesn't pill and, bonus, it has a subtle shimmer to it.  For my image I used the Circle of Spring stamp set.  Colouring it took very little time and the sentiments with that set were perfect for my card:  simple, small and said just the right thing.  


I love the simplicity and elegance of this card, don't you?  I hope you'll check out the wonderful creations by the other Watercooler Artists at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.  We'd love to see your clean and simple card linked up for us to enjoy.

4 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card - love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi this is such a beautiful spring card! The colouring on the wreath is perfect and I really like how you finished the corners on the layer piece. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.