Tuesday 22 March 2016

PCCCS187 - The Best Thing

It feels like forever since I've joined the rest of the Design Team for a challenge.  But my vacation is over, my sunburn is peeling, and I'm back at work creating cards.  The sketch for this week's Paper Craft Crew Challenge was lots of fun.

PCCCS164-203 Sketch-006

I decided to use the pretty Sale-a-Bration Wildflower Fields Designer Series Paper and picked the additional colours of ink and cardstock from the colours in the design.  My base is Whisper White and then I added a layer of Calypso Coral which I first embossed using the Softly Falling Embossing Folder.  Then I added a small square of Crushed Curry which I embossed using the Pretty Print Embossing Folder.  The diagonally cut Designer Series Paper pulled the colours together nicely.  And then I added an Old Olive oval embossed using the Spring Flowers Embossing Folder topped with a stamped and sponged smaller oval in Whisper White.  I used the Timeless Textures stamp set and Crushed Curry ink to stamp and sponge the oval and then used another of the stamps in the set and Lost Lagoon ink off stamped once.  For the sentiment I turned to the lovely World of Dreams stamp set using Blackberry Bliss ink.


I hope you'll check out the rest of the Design Team cards at the Paper Craft Crew Challenge and, perhaps, link your own version of the sketch as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.