Sunday 28 February 2016

TCTC#8 - It's Your Day

I've have the honour of being a Guest Designer for The Colour Tree Challenge this month and this will be my last post as such.  I was over the moon when Bronwyn contacted me and it has been a great deal of fun.  The challenge this week uses gold as well as two of the lovely colours from the 2015-2017 In-Colours, Mint Macaron and Watermelon Wonder.


I immediately thought of using the Botanical Gardens suite for the card.  I wanted die-cut flowers and, at the moment, these are my go-to blooms.  I decided to use three of the flowers in the framelits dies.  Two of them have double-cut petals while the third is smaller and simpler.  For the large flower, I went all out and dipped the edges of both cuts of petal edges in Versamark ink and then covered them with Gold embossing powder.  Once I used the Heat Gun, the gold on the petals was absolutely gorgeous and I knew I wasn't going to sponge the edges with more ink.  I did, however, sponge the other flowers with Watermelon Wonder ink to deepen the colour of the perimeters of the petals.

I wanted to use a variety of golds and thought about the gold sheets in the Neutrals Designer Series Paper Stack.  I keep forgetting that the stack included metallic papers as well and the one with the script seemed perfect for my project.  I began with a base of Heavy Whisper White and then added a layer of Mint Macaron.  Then I embossed a piece of Whisper White using the Brick embossing folder, sponged that lightly using Mint Macaron ink to bring out the lines between the bricks, and added that to the layers.  I only used a much smaller rectangle of the metallic Gold printed paper and mounted that right against the right edge of the brick embossed layer.

Even though I had already added Mint Macaron cardstock as well as ink, I felt the flowers really needed some foliage and so cut two sprigs of open leaves from a piece of Mint Macaron paper using the Rose Garden thinlits.  I chose to make a banner for my sentiment and used the Endless Birthday Wishes stamp set for that.  I backed the banner with a narrow layer of Mint Macaron to soften the white edges.  A little Watermelon Wonder heart covered with Crystal Effects finished off the banner.

For the centres of my flowers I used Gold Foil specialty paper and, once the centres were attached, added a bit of Gold Dazzling Details to that for additional texture and a different gold.


I had fun with this challenge and hope you will visit Bronwyn's addINKtive Designs to check out this challenge and, perhaps, link up your own inspiration.

2 comments:

  1. Hello.....Just found you ! love your work. Would you please do more curvy boxes!.Thanks
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois, what a lovely compliment! I'll have to remember to create another curvy box---it's been a while.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.