Thursday 28 January 2016

TCTC#3 - Celebrate You

Well, I'm entering another of the Colour Tree challenges.  This time the colours made me think masculine and so I created my card along those lines.


I turned to what is becoming one of my favourite new die sets, the Botanical Builder framelits.  I haven't used them all yet, but several of the dies are so very versatile that I keep going back to them.  I used the curvy leaves to divide the card diagonally.  First I took a piece of Soft Suede cardstock and ran it through the Big Shot using my Softly Falling embossing folder.  Then I cut it diagonally with the leafy framelit.  To add some texture and depth, I sponged the perimeter, including the leaves, with Soft Suede ink.  

I planned to attach the Soft Suede piece to a full 4" x 5" piece of Very Vanilla.  Before doing so, however, I sponged around the perimeter using Soft Suede ink and then stamped over it with the flourish image and the splatter image from the Timeless Textures stamp set.  For the flourish I used Soft Suede ink offstamped twice to ensure a pale image.  For the splatter I used Mint Macaron ink offstamped once to ensure a pale image as well.  Then I attached the Soft Suede diagonally cut piece.

I wanted the open cut leaves to be in Mint Macaron and so took a scrap of the cardstock and cut it using the leafy framelit.  I took the cut leaves and glued them into the open leaves of the Soft Suede.  I took my sentiment from the Birthday Blossoms set and stamped it on the already stamped Very Vanilla using Soft Suede ink.  

Finally I tied some strands of Gold Metallic Baker's twine around the piece diagonally and then mounted the piece onto a 4 1/8" x 5 1/4" piece of Mint Macaron, offset to show the Mint Macaron only on the Soft Suede side as well as at the top and bottom.  I also offset these completed layers onto the base cardstock by not leaving any Soft Suede showing on the left side.  I like the finished effect of this "double offset".


As a finishing touch I added some loops of Gold Metallic thread topped with a small punched Gold Glimmer paper heart.

Just a reminder that we're having a Design Team call for the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.   This week's challenge is "anything goes".  I look forward to seeing your creation and to any Design Team applications.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Heidi. Love the fact you have made a masculine card with the colours. Great use of the die with the other stamped images and the gold thread and heart. Thanks for being a great supporter of The Colour Tree.

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.