Tuesday 12 January 2016

PCCCS177 - So Sorry

Time for another sketch challenge with the Paper Craft Crew.  This week's sketch seems simple but you'll see from all the Design Team creations that it can be left simple or made quite fancy.  It's that type of sketch.


With all the types of cards we make, there is one that we always hope won't be needed.  You know which type that is:  the sympathy card.  For some reason when I saw this sketch, that's the only style of card which came to mind.  I don't really enjoy making them.  I always begin that downward spiral of thinking.  You know, all about mortality and loss and begin to get into a bit of a blue funk.  It's probably a good thing that I don't wait for one of these cards to be needed.  Having a few on hand makes it easier when the time comes.

Now that I've depressed myself and everyone else, lets get to the card.  I kept all my colours rather monochromatic.  I used Very Vanilla, Sahara Sand, Basic Grey and Basic Black.  The Designer Series Paper which I used to stamp the "So Sorry" on is from the wonderful Timeless Elegance collection.  I even chose the black sequins from the Metallics Sequin Assortment and some of the Linen thread which is so close in colour to the Sahara Sand.


I like the way all the products work together in my card.  It's elegant and lovely but I hope I won't have to use it anytime soon.

Please come and visit the Paper Craft Crew Challenge to see all the Design Team projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.