Wednesday 4 February 2015

PCCCS130 --- The Essence of Love

I don't buy a lot of single stamps but occasionally one will "speak" to me, which is what happened in the case of the Love is Kindness stamp.   Those tulips are gorgeous.  My Mom loved tulips, my daughter loves them, and I, too, love them and feel they herald the coming Spring.   The sentiment, too, is awesome.  Truly, Robert Louis Stevenson hit the nail on the head when he said "the essence of love is kindness".

The sketch for this week's Paper Craft Crew Challenge worked perfectly for what I had in mind in using this stamp.

I decided to turn the sketch on its side to allow for the shape of the stamp, but that's allowed with our challenges---tip them, turn them, use different shapes but make sure you can still tell it's our sketch. 

I decided to stamp the image twice using my Memento black ink on Whisper White.  I wanted to fussy-cut out several of the tulips to give the image more of a 3-D effect and wound up cutting out the "newspaper wrap" as well.  After colouring the full image as well as the cut-out portions using my Blendabilities, I used my Bone Folder to give some curve to the cut-out pieces.  As well as curving the newpaper wrap, I sponged a bit of Baked Brown Sugar ink around the perimeter to add shadows to the curves.  Then I tied a bow of Baked Brown Sugar Baker's Twine around the newspaper before using Dimensionals to attach the piece to the main image.  I also used Dimensionals to add the cut-out tulips.

Before adhering the stamped Whisper White piece to my base of Calypso Coral and Hello Honey, I sponged around the edges using Hello Honey ink. 


I think you can see the added dimension in this picture but I also took a picture at an angle to give you a better look at the 3-D effect.


The main body of my card uses Baked Brown Sugar as its base and then I've added a layer of Calypso Coral.  Next I've added a piece of the beautiful Painted Blooms Designer Series Paper to the bottom portion of the card and, for the top, a piece of Naturals White embossed using the beautiful new Spring Flowers embossing folder which I lightly sponged afterwards using Hello Honey ink.

A piece of Hello Honey Stitched Satin ribbon, a scattering of embellishments, and my card was done.





























I hope you'll consider joining us this week by submitting your own interpretation of this sketch to the Paper Craft Crew Challenge.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.