Tuesday 10 June 2014

Wetlands rocks a colour challenge--PPA206

I love colour challenges.  I love to try combinations of colours that I don't usually use together.  Sometimes I discover new combinations that really appeal to me that way.  It's a good way to stretch a bit and think outside the usual box.

This week's colour challenge at the Pals Paper Arts really appealed to me.  I had just finished another one of the projects for this week's Wacky Watercooler Blog Hop and got side-tracked doing the colour challenge.  Oh well, anything that gets the creative juices flowing, right?
PPA206 June 5

Those are the colours for the challenge.  I really like all the colours but haven't used them in a card together---until today.  The stamp set that immediately came to mind was the Wetlands.  Don't you think that sand and water and sky are the natural things one would associate with the challenge colours?  I certainly do.


My card showcases the colours using the watercolour technique.  I thought it was perfect framed in the Polaroid Frame that is part of the On Film framelits.  My base cardstock is Naturals White and I've also used the 2013-15 In-Colors Designer Series Paper Stack which I layered over plain Baked Brown Sugar cardstock.

.Don't forget, we're having the Wacky Watercooler Blog Hop beginning this Thursday.  It's going to be awesome.  We're featuring the new Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue. 

2 comments:

  1. WOW Heidi, This is gorgeous! I just love the Wetlands set & the challenge colours really do it justice. Looking forward to the blog hop :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tricia. The Wetlands set is really one of my favourite sets. The things you can do with it seem endless.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.