Tuesday 6 May 2014

Core'dinations---gone too soon!

If you've tried the Stampin' Up! Core'dinations cardstock, you'll have fallen in love, as I did, with its texture and the way it allowed glimpses of its white core when sanded after embossing.  It is simply a fun paper.  I'm going to miss it since it did not make its way into the new Annual Catalogue.

Today's card is (surprise!) going to feature the Core'dinations cardstock.  Actually it will feature the Melon Mambo from the Brights Collection of Core'dinations paper.  You couldn't wish for a brighter, happier pink than Melon Mambo.  It is, in a word, dazzling!

Because of the powerful presence of the Melon Mambo, I kept the colours in my card to a bare minimum.  The base cardstock is Naturals White and the top layer is Whisper White.  Between the two layers I've adhered a layer of Melon Mambo Core'dinations cardstock.  The only inks I've used are Melon Mambo and Wild Wasabi.  Like I said, I kept it simple.

The reason I layered the Melon Mambo between the two whites is that I planned to use my Pansy Punch on the Whisper White so that the Melon Mambo would be exposed where the Whisper White was punched out.  To add to the texture, I ran the Melon Mambo through my Big Shot using the Decorative Dots embossing folder.  I love that subtle added texture.

Before I adhered the punched out Whisper White to the card, I used the leaf from the Fabulous Florets stamp set (unfortunately retiring) and stamped a number of leaves around the punched out flowers using my Wild Wasabi ink.  Then, using my Melon Mambo ink, I stamped a sentiment from the A Dozen Thoughts stamp set in the empty area at the top right.  Already the card looked great.

But I wasn't finished.  I used my Petite Petals punch and cut three flowers from the Melon Mambo Core'dinations paper.  I sanded them slightly to show some of the inner white core and then scrunched them before adhering each one to the centre of my cut-outs using dimensionals.  Then I added one of the large pearls (unfortunately retiring).


All in all I love the card.  It may be simple but it is definitely a show-stopper.


If you want to have a chance to use the Core'dinations cardstock or the large pearls, remember---time is running out.  Both are on the retiring list and will not be available after May 31st.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.