Monday 19 May 2014

Blooming With Kindness meets the Blendabilities

I love the flower in the Blooming With Kindness stamp set.  Even with the Stampin' Write Markers, it turns out looking quite beautiful.  Using the Blendabilities, it actually seems to come to life.

I decided to make this card with no embellishments.  I used Whisper White as my base cardstock and then layered Crushed Curry and Pear Pizzazz.  The final layer is the Whisper White on which I stamped my flower and sentiments.   I left the sentiments black so that all the attention would be on the flower.

For the flower I used the Daffodil Delight Blendabilities and for the two leaves I used the Old Olive Blendabilities.  The deepest shade of the Daffodil Delight Blendabilities is very close in colour to the Crushed Curry, which is why I chose that as one of the cardstock layers.  The Blendabilities can be layered over each other as much as one likes.  The Whisper White doesn't pill at all, which is terrific since it does pill slightly if one works at it too much with the Stampin' Write Markers.  I made certain that I put some paper under my flower as well as a layer of waxed paper because, after working the colours over each other, the backside of the Whisper White is as deeply coloured as the front and I didn't want any colour on my tabletop.



I wasn't sure what I would think of the Blendabilities and so I only ordered a small number of colours.  Seeing how beautifully they colour and how easy they are to use, I plan to order all the colours.  Colouring with them can become addictive.

2 comments:

  1. I really love your card ! The colors are so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Stephy. I think that I'll be using that stamp set more now that I have the Blendabilities.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.