Tuesday 27 November 2012

Through the beveled windowpane---Another WOW

Sadly the beveled windowpanes were retired and are waiting to be discovered in the Clearance Rack.  Why do I say sadly?  Well, those windowpanes are one of the big WOW components of this card.  Everyone loved them.

Even though they were retired, I decided to use the beveled windowpanes for my Christmas Card WOW class because they are so one-of-a-kind.  They suited the card I had designed perfectly.  The card, a large square measuring 5 1/4" x 5 1/4", showcased a lot of different techniques and embellishments.  The two layers on the front of the card were each cut out with the Window Frame framelits.  The Gumball Green one was left plain but the Naturals White was embossed with the Northern Flurry embossing folder.  The sentiment was stamped in VersaMark and then heat embossed with the new Gumball Green embossing powder.  Finally, the embossed snowflakes were lightly daubed with Dazzling Details.

That wonderful little bird from the Beautiful Season stamp set was stamped on Shimmer White cardstock and coloured with the Stampin' Write markers.  The White Organza ribbon was pulled through the slits in the Beveled Windowpane, the stamped and coloured bird was slipped between the ribbon and the pane and then the bottom of the ribbon was fastened with some White Baker's twine and a Medium Faceted Vintage Button.

A couple of glittery snowflakes finished off the front of the card.


This would have been enough to give the card a place in the Christmas Card WOW class, but then I took it one step further.  It became a twisted easel card.

 
Two more snowflakes on the inside of the card, held with a glittery brad, provided the "stop" for the easel to rest on.  Now that is a WOW card!





 


2 comments:

  1. Wow..indeed. I can see I need to add a trip to Canada (from Oregon) to next years holiday agenda so I can attend your classes next year!
    Beautiful card Heidi. Those windowpanes really are the coolest. I don't know what I will do when my 3 packages are gone. Just occured to me too...you could make that little birdie a removable pin! Hm...now where did I put that stamp set...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jean. You're certainly welcome anytime. Or if I'm down your way, perhaps we can both learn something from each other. That would be a lot of fun. :)

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.