Friday 3 February 2012

Out of My Comfort Range

Doesn't everyone have favourite colours?  I know I sure do.  And even though I have a lot of wonderful Stampin Up colours, I find that some are getting close to running out and some of my packages are barely beyond being opened.

Rich Razzleberry is one of those colours.  I liked it well enough to order a package when I was initially bringing in all my supplies but then I discovered that it's not a colour I gravitate towards.  So I decided to challenge myself.  The challenge was to find at least three colours or Designer papers that I never seemed to touch and design a card.  I came up with the Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, and the Well Worn DSP.  That was the easy part: finding the paper.  So I began playing around with the paper.  I cut the Rich Razzleberry into the standard 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card size and began scoring diagonal lines on what would be the front of the card.  I scored a lot of lines!

When I looked through the Well Worn DSP and found some paper that had Basic Black and Old Olive in a vintage print on dirty white, I knew that it would be the "key" to the design.  And I was right!
The Old Olive strip that I was using along the one side just appeared so plain but with the busy pattern of the DSP and the diagonal scoring on the Rich Razzleberry, I was reluctant to add any more embossing.  So I used the "spatter" in the French Foliage stamp set with Olive Green ink to dress up the cardstock.  The wonderful Labels Collection of framelits worked perfectly to cut the centre shapes.  Finally adding the dotted black scalloped ribbon (without the dots showing) and the Beautiful Wings cut from the elegant Brushed Silver cardstock finished up the card.

Sometimes it's worth challenging yourself!  Have you tried a colour-challenge lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.