Tuesday 14 February 2012

Be Mine, Valentine

Valentine's is the day for hearts, hearts and more hearts.  You can't go into a store without seeing a heart somewhere.  Naturally that has been a favourite theme for cards and projects lately, too.

I fell in love with some of the wonderful 3-D Hearts that have been posted by stampers and crafters lately.  I'm one of those people who figures, "if they can do it, so can I!"  Without a pattern or looking at any tutorials, I began working on my own version, using those terrific framelits dies: Hearts Collection.  Believe me, these dies make the whole process a lot easier.  This is what I came up with.

I've shown the box from three different angles.  I love the roses, too, and figured out how to make those when someone mentioned that you can make them by using a scalloped circle, cutting a spiral, and then rolling it into a rosebud.  The leaves are done with a crimper and then snipped.  I had a lot of positive feedback on this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.