Wednesday 23 May 2018

WWC171 - Heidi's "All About Christmas" Challenge



It's my turn to host our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and I couldn't be more thrilled.  My challenge is the "All About Christmas" Challenge this time.  How cool is that?  I can add another card to my growing stash of Christmas cards.


I bought the Apron of Love bundle a few months back and so far only got so far as to open the stamp case, look at the stamps and then put it away again.  For some reason it didn't "speak" to me or get my creative juices flowing.  Until now!  This time I opened that stamp case and began using those stamps.  And those matching framelits.  I had so much fun!

Of course one of the key points to getting my creative juices flowing was that I was sorting my retired Designer Paper.  I had put that chore off far too long, as you can tell from the paper I pulled out to use for this card.  This is the Candy Cane Lane Designer Series Paper which actually retired at the end of December, 2016.  And I still love it!

My colours are all pulled  from the designer paper:  my base is Whisper White.  The layers are Real Red, Crumb Cake and Early Espresso.  Do you see the embossed design on the Early Espresso?  I created that by putting my paper through the Big Shot twice, laying the paper first slanted one way and then the other, using the Simple Stripes embossing folder.


I cut the apron from a piece of the previously mentioned designer paper and the pocket as well.  The baking mitt is stamped on Whisper White using Real Red.  The rolling pin is cut from the gorgeous (and carried over) Wood Textures designer paper while the whisk is cut from Silver Foil.  The spatula and wooden spoon were both cut from Very Vanilla and then coloured.  And finally, the Merry Christmas sentiment is heat embossed in White on Real Red cardstock.

But the fun begins inside the card.  I decided to use the adorable gingerbread people from the Cookie Cutter Christmas bundle.  I stamped them on Crumb Cake cardstock using Crumb Cake ink.  Then I cut them out using the coordinating punch.  To bring out their eyes and mouth, I used black and Real Red.  For the white icing "piping", I used the White Chalk marker.  They're standing on a "cookie sheet" of Silver Foil.  I used the sentiment from their stamp set since it seemed to say it all so well.


For the background, I turned to the same Designer Series paper again.  The diagonal stripes in Real Red, Crumb Cake and White looked great behind those adorable gingerbread people.  I liked it so well that I used a similarly striped piece of retired Washi tape at the foot of the card.


I hope you've enjoyed my little creation.  Pop Up cards are such fun to make and to receive.  

I trust you'll check out the wonderful creations by the other Watercooler Artists over at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge blog.  And then I hope to see your card linked up for my challenge.

I'm also entering my card into the Merry Monday Christmas Challenge #291 - Add sweets, canes or cookies to your card


The Addicted to Stamps and More #293 - Holiday


And in the Fab 'n Funky #395 Challenge - Christmas

14 comments:

  1. Oh Heidi I can so relate to the stamp sets that after I've purchased them simply don't speak to me. Love that you used the Candy Cane Lane DSP for your apron front and those cute little pop-ups inside the card are totally sweet. Love everything about your wonderful Christmas card. Makes me want to go bake cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous card Heidi! Lovely stamps, great design and papers, love the pop up gingerbread men inside and the cute apron with the spoon and spatula!
    Thank you for entering our challenge at Fab N Funky this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! You put so much thought and detail into this sweet design! Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling cookie card - just love the pop up element!! So glad you could play along with us at Merry Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the details of your fabulous card. The elements are perfect and the inside is adorable with those gingerbread people. Thank you for sharing with us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, love the ginger bread men, thanks for sharing at Fab'n'Funky.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this - so cute on the inside!
    Spotted your card at Merry Monday & had to take a closer look.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card Heidi. Love the front elements but inside just adds so much more here. Thanks for sharing at ATSM this week

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super pop up card, love the gingerbread theme.
    Thanks for sharing at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is too adorable with your gingerbread apron and the two pop up gingerbread cookies. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute cards! That first one really caught my eye. Love that background and the images look great on it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute card, I love all the wonderful details. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Heid! Had to come by to congratulate you on two fabulous wins — MM and ATSM — with this amazing card! 👏🎉🎉🎉 Brilliant idea for the inside of your card! Love it! 😍

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a fun card, Heidi! Congratulations on winning at Addicted to Stamps and More!

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.