Wednesday 9 May 2018

WWC169 - Charlotte's "All About Occasions" Challenge


I love the "All About Occasions" challenges, don't you?  This week Charlotte is our host and I just know there are going to be some awesome cards for this challenge.


With Mother's Day coming up within days here in Canada, of course I decided to make a card with that in mind.  Since my own Mum has passed on to a kinder, more joyful home, I decided to make this card for my beautiful daughter.  Shera-Lee is an awesome Mother to her two boys and deserves to be celebrated each and every day, especially on Mother's Day.

For this card I decided to use a combination  of products, both brand new to the upcoming Annual Catalogue and, unfortunately retiring with the current Annual Catalogue.  The ones retiring are the gorgeous Myths & Magic Specialty Designer Series paper which I've used for my base.  It has bubbles which are embossed in an irridescent, glittery design.  It looks amazing in this photo but even more so in real life.  The other retiring product which I've used  is the sentiment from the Birthday Blossoms set.


The rest is all new product and it's exciting to showcase it for you.  Don't you just love the heron and water-lilies from the new Lilypad Lake Bundle?  And that gorgeous paper in the foreground under the sentiment is from the new Share What You Love Specialty Designer series paper  which just takes my breath away with those wonderful pearlized pages.

The sun  rising in the distance is from the fun Waterfront stamp set while those clouds are from the Lift me Up set.  I've used my inks and AquaPainter to add the soft colours.

I hope you'll check out the wonderful creations by our Watercooler Artists at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge blog.

I'm also linking this card up to the following challenges:

Crafty Animals Challenge #14 - Anything Goes

Addicted to Stamps & More #291 - Anything Goes

2 comments:

  1. OMG this is amazing Heidi. I love how the heron is puddling in the water and the beautiful scene you created but what blew me away was the big pond that looks like an ocean. This is one very carefully thought out creation. So glad you shared it with us at ATSM this week. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your impossible card looks much better than my poor attempt. I'd not come across them 'til a friend showed me last week!
    Thanks for joining us at ATSM this week. :)

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.