Wednesday 18 October 2017

Watercooler Wednesday Challenge #141 - Heidi's Masculine "Anything Goes" Challenge

Guess what!  I get to be host over at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.  And it's one of my favourites, the Masculine "Anything Goes" Challenge.  With my nephew's birthday in October and needing a card, it's simply perfect timing.


I enjoyed making an eclipse technique card a couple of weeks ago and thought of the perfect way to use that technique for this card.  Bonus:  my nephew's name is just three letters long and so I wouldn't have to change the sizing of the card.

I began with Heavy Whisper White, a layer of Basic Grey, and then another layer of Whisper White.  That and some stamping would be my card.  With the eclipse technique, I think it's really effective to keep the stamping as simple as possible so that the raised letters don't get lost.  So I stamped the grove of trees from the Lovely as a Tree set along the bottom of the piece of Whisper White.  Then I lined up the framelits for the letters so that I could plan for the clouds and the hot-air balloon.  Once I had stamped those, it was just a matter of colouring everything.

I watercoloured a light wash of Soft Sky ink across part of the top of the card, down into the branches of the tree.  Then I watercoloured a light wash of Wild Wasabi ink across the bottom of the trees to give the illusion of grass.  Finally I used my Stampin' Markers to colour the hot-air balloon.

Taking the stamped piece, I placed it on my Big Shot and aligned the Large Letters Framelits just a bit below centred.  Once I had cut that out, I began to assemble the card.  I attached the Basic Grey to the base first and then the stamped piece, minus the die-cut letters.  Once everything was in place, I stamped my sentiment across the top left of the card.  Then I placed foam adhesive strips along the letters and attached them to the negative spaces on the card.


And that's how simple it is to do that technique.  But it sure looks great, doesn't it?

I hope you'll check out the cards created by the other Watercooler Artists over at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.


3 comments:

  1. Great example of the Eclipse Card Heidi. Your nephew is sure to be thrilled with it. the simple scene you created really does showcase the lettering to their best advantage. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Heidi. I love this technique - it's really striking. A really fabulous masculine card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm intrigued by these eclipse cards - this looks like a simple way to achieve this technique! All around great card!

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.