Wednesday 4 October 2017

Watercooler Wednesday Challenge #139 - Bonjour Beautiful

This week Kath is the host at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.  Her challenge gave me a chance to use a whole bunch of my new "toys".  What is it, you ask?  It's our Feminine "Anything Goes" Challenge, of course.  You know how much I love those!






I wanted to keep my card rather graphic, with primarily black and white in a variety of shapes.  I managed that by beginning with a base of Heavy Whisper White onto which I added a layer of Basic Black.  Then I used a piece of the black and white plaid pattern from the Merry Little Christmas Designer Series paper on the right and left borders of the card.  Since I was working with a black layer, I cut a lampost from Whisper White, including a Whisper White banner to hang from it.  Before attaching the banner, I used the fancy candle thinlit from the Window Box thinlit set to cut a pattern into it.

Along the bottom of the card I attached a Whisper White stitched circle backed with a slightly larger Real Red circle.  I trimmed the bottom off each circle to let it sit properly along the bottom border of the card.  Then I fussy cut one of the poodles from the Birthday Memories Designer Series paper and attached that to the white stitched circle.  Since that sheet of DSP had a primarily yellow pattern on the reverse, I used the scrap bits to fit behind the candle flames and also into the lantern.

For my sentiment I thought the retired "Bonjour Beautiful" was absolutely perfect and so I heat embossed it above the banner in white.


I wanted to carry a bit of the design into the inside of the card and so used the huge script "Happy Birthday" for the greeting, stamped in Basic Black.  To add a bit of colour, I stamped the tiny birthday hat onto the two "p's" and the little birthday gift under the "y".   Both images are from the Birthday Delivery set.


I hope you'll check out the wonderful creations by our Watercooler Artists over at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

I'm also adding my card to the Seize the Birthday "Anything Goes" Challenge.

 

 And I'm also adding my card to the {PIN}spirational Challenge #200 - Anything Goes.

3 comments:

  1. What a great card Heidi! I like the black and white background and the beautiful lamp standard in white. Nicely done. Your poodle dog really stands out against the white and red circle. The stylized birthday stamp image never looked as good before seeing yours with the cute birthday images nestled into the beautiful script. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you really got the graphic look that you were going for with the background. Really makes a statement. The poodle dog has a look about him that is so cute. He looks like he is really enjoying himself. Perfect sentiment for this card. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Seize the Birthday. Hope to see you again.
    Barbara Design Team member

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!! *If this comment is late I apologize! I’m having major issues lately trying to leave comments due to the stupid ROBOT silliness!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.