Sunday, 28 February 2016

TCTC#8 - It's Your Day

I've have the honour of being a Guest Designer for The Colour Tree Challenge this month and this will be my last post as such.  I was over the moon when Bronwyn contacted me and it has been a great deal of fun.  The challenge this week uses gold as well as two of the lovely colours from the 2015-2017 In-Colours, Mint Macaron and Watermelon Wonder.


I immediately thought of using the Botanical Gardens suite for the card.  I wanted die-cut flowers and, at the moment, these are my go-to blooms.  I decided to use three of the flowers in the framelits dies.  Two of them have double-cut petals while the third is smaller and simpler.  For the large flower, I went all out and dipped the edges of both cuts of petal edges in Versamark ink and then covered them with Gold embossing powder.  Once I used the Heat Gun, the gold on the petals was absolutely gorgeous and I knew I wasn't going to sponge the edges with more ink.  I did, however, sponge the other flowers with Watermelon Wonder ink to deepen the colour of the perimeters of the petals.

I wanted to use a variety of golds and thought about the gold sheets in the Neutrals Designer Series Paper Stack.  I keep forgetting that the stack included metallic papers as well and the one with the script seemed perfect for my project.  I began with a base of Heavy Whisper White and then added a layer of Mint Macaron.  Then I embossed a piece of Whisper White using the Brick embossing folder, sponged that lightly using Mint Macaron ink to bring out the lines between the bricks, and added that to the layers.  I only used a much smaller rectangle of the metallic Gold printed paper and mounted that right against the right edge of the brick embossed layer.

Even though I had already added Mint Macaron cardstock as well as ink, I felt the flowers really needed some foliage and so cut two sprigs of open leaves from a piece of Mint Macaron paper using the Rose Garden thinlits.  I chose to make a banner for my sentiment and used the Endless Birthday Wishes stamp set for that.  I backed the banner with a narrow layer of Mint Macaron to soften the white edges.  A little Watermelon Wonder heart covered with Crystal Effects finished off the banner.

For the centres of my flowers I used Gold Foil specialty paper and, once the centres were attached, added a bit of Gold Dazzling Details to that for additional texture and a different gold.


I had fun with this challenge and hope you will visit Bronwyn's addINKtive Designs to check out this challenge and, perhaps, link up your own inspiration.

2 comments:

  1. Hello.....Just found you ! love your work. Would you please do more curvy boxes!.Thanks
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois, what a lovely compliment! I'll have to remember to create another curvy box---it's been a while.

      Delete

I welcome your comments or questions.