Friends

Sunday, 7 February 2016

TCTC#5 - Hang In There

When I checked out the new Colour Tree Challenge colours I was surprised to see two yellows.  Two yellows and a dark blue.  I'm not counting the white because I would have used that anyway.  But still---two yellows.


Did I decide to leave it and forget about the challenge?  No!  That's what I like about challenges.  They force me to think outside my day-to-day comfort zone.  I know I've grown a lot in my creative abilities since I began joining challenges.  Certainly both my style and my willingness to use colours that aren't my favourites have expanded.  That's a very good thing.  Without growth, I would become bored and stop paper-crafting.

Thanks goodness that cute little chick is being offered in our Sale-a-bration freebies.  That set came to the rescue for this challenge.  I used a base of Whisper White, then a layer of Night of Navy and then another layer of Whisper White.  For that final layer of Whisper White, however, I added some stamping before adhering it to the layers.  I used my Aqua Painter and added some Night of Navy ink in the lower portion and then stamped a couple of the patterns from the Timeless Textures set above that using the Hello Honey.

On a scrap piece of Whisper White I stamped the chick and the balloon from the Honeycomb Happiness set using the archival Basic Black ink.  Then I cut those out carefully before colouring them.  For the chick I used my Aqua Painter and Crushed Curry ink.  I added a touch of Hello Honey with my Stampin' Write Marker for the feet and beak.  I also used the Crused Curry for the balloon but decided to sponge the colour on to give it more of a 3-D effect.  The little ribbon below the balloon is coloured with Night of Navy ink.

I attached the chick and the balloon with my Dimensionals and then stamped the sentiment in the lower right corner using Night of Navy ink.


I hope you'll check out the rest of the cards at The Colour Tree Challenge.

4 comments:

  1. Adorable...simply adorable. Great use of the challenge colours. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - 2 yellows! What a brave girl. Love your background stamping and your cute little chick. Thanks for playing along at The Colour Tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bronwyn. Yes, my bravery surprises me.

      Delete

I welcome your comments or questions.