Tuesday, 9 February 2016

PCCCS181 - Be My Valentine

In just a few days it will be Valentine's Day and, of course, that is an open invitation to create a few cards using the Valentine theme of love, love, love.  That's what I decided to do with this week's sketch for the Paper Craft Crew Challenge.


I decided to use the smaller of the two roses from the Rose Garden Thinlits dies to cut out a rose from a piece of Real Red cardstock.  Taking the red as part of my "theme", I used a base of the Heavy Whisper White followed by a layer of Real Red and then a layer of Whisper White.  On that Whisper White layer I stamped the flourish image from the Timeless Textures set, using the Silver Encore ink.  
Then I cut a smaller rectangle of Real Red on which I mounted a piece of Whisper White.  Onto that I attached the die-cut Real Red rose.  I love the effect but decided it looked a bit stark and so cut another rose from a piece of Silver Foil.  I took the negative pieces from the Silver Foil and added them to the Real Red rose and knew that's what it had needed.  Before mounting this on the base, I added two strips of Washi Tape to the lower portion of the base as well as a strip of the pretty printed Botanical Gardens vellum stack.

After attached the smaller rectangle, I added another small flower cut with the Rose Garden Thinlits dies from Real Red and then attached a thin banner with the sentiment across that.  A few added Real Red and Silver Foil hearts and the card was done.


I hope you've join us this week at the Paper Craft Crew Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments or questions.