Saturday 9 August 2014

World of Dreams meets several challenges and wins with two!

Sometimes a sketch can catch one's imagination and sometimes a colour challenge can do that.  In the case of this card, it was both.  I loved the sketch at Mojo Monday and knew it would work beautifully with the wonderful colours at Hand Stamped Sentiments.  I like it when things like that happen.

        

I chose to use the beautiful World of Dreams stamp set.  There is something about silhouettes that I love and these particular silhouettes are simply gorgeous.  Because I chose to use Night of Navy as my base cardstock, I chose to heat emboss the main silhouette for this card in Pool Party on a piece of Night of Navy.  For my other silhouettes, I first had to prepare a piece of Whisper White with a wash of all those beautiful colours in the pictures shown above.  After that dried, I sprayed the piece with some Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz and then let that dry.

During these drying periods, I stamped my background layer using the Handcarved stamp and Wisteria Wonder ink.  The next centre layer was a piece of Pistachio Pudding Designer Paper from the 2013-2015 In-Colors stack.  I backed that with some Pistachio Pudding cardstock before attaching it to the card.  By this time my spritzed piece was dry and so I stamped it with the leaves image from World of Dreams using Wisteria Wonder ink and Coastal Cabana ink.  Finally it was ready to attach as well.  On top of that at an angle I adhered the main silhouette using Dimensionals.

Then for the "girdle" I cut a piece of the new Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper and put it through my Big Shot in the Delicate Designs embossing folder.  The effect was subtle but because it was no longer flat, the piece was even more dazzling than before.  A Night of Navy banner heat embossed in white with the sentiment from For the Birds followed and then I went a bit over the top for my accent.

I used my Chevron Border punch to cut two Night of Navy chevrons and two Pool Party chevrons.  I cut each one in half and then mismatched them so that they pointed towards the banner.




































For more cards with these colours, check out Hand Stamped Sentiments.  Chosen as an Artist Pick!

For more cards with this sketch design, check out Mojo Monday.

For more cards that feature a handstamped background, check out Stampin' Royalty.  Top pick for Challenge.

8 comments:

  1. What a great card! I love all of the different colors and the handstamped background! Thanks for playing along with us at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Breelin. For a while with the card, it felt as if all I was doing was "prep" work. But I like the results.

      Delete
  2. Very Pretty!!! Embossing is the perfect touch- very pretty!!! Love the leaf background!!! Love all the texture!!! Thanks for playing along with HSS, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Diane. I always love your creations.

      Delete
  3. Love your chevron treatment. Great way to use the photo framelit also. Thanks for joining us this week at HSS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Robbie. I enjoy the challenges at HSS.

      Delete
  4. Wow, Heidi, I love this! There's just so much to enjoy here! I love your clever flip-flopping of the chevron pieces. Thanks for playing at HSS! Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Erika. I had fun with those chevron pieces.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.