Thursday 14 August 2014

Ho! Ho! Ho! Santa meets a couple of challenges.

So happy to have learned that this card was picked for the Fab Faves.  Yay!

I enjoy the Fab Friday Challenges and am glad I managed to get a card together before this one was over.  The sketch is perfect for one of the new stamp sets that I just received in yesterday's order.



Another challenge that I enjoy and for which my planned card would be great is the Stampin' Royalty one which calls for Glitter.  I planned to make a very clean and simple card but I also planned to use a fair bit of glitter.  Perfect!

The stamp set, Santa Stache, that I used for this sketch is from the new Holiday Catalogue that will premiere on September 1st.  It's perfect for some fun and also for the Blendabilities.  I chose to use the Santa image for the large shape in the sketch and then a word bubble containing the "ho! ho! ho!" from the Hostess Good Greetings set for the medium shape and, finally, a star cut from Silver Glimmer Paper for the smallest of the shapes.  

I used Cherry Cobbler for my base cardstock and stamped or adhered all the shapes onto a layer of Whisper White.  I kept it clean and simple and love the final result.  I hope that you do as well.
































For more cards included in this challenge, check out Fab Friday Challenges.

For more cards using glitter in a challenge, check out Stampin' Royalty.

6 comments:

  1. I do love this jolly, stached man! Such a cute and clever interpretation of the sketch. Thanks for playing along with Fab Friday this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Brian. I had fun with your challenge with this card.

      Delete
  2. Love it! The Santa is perfect for the large element of our sketch! The glitter is so festive for Christmas as well! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amanda. I can see myself using that "stached" Santa quite a bit this season. He's purely fun.

      Delete
  3. Heidi, this card is perfect, so simple and elegant! I love your take on this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sweet. I appreciate your lovely comments.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.