Monday 30 June 2014

WCC03 --- Watercooler Sketch challenge



Sometimes a card can satisfy the parameters of two challenges.  This one, serendipitously, does.  I designed it specifically for the Watercooler Challenge and its sketch challenge

I had agreed to make a baby boy card and this design lent itself to that beautifully.  I got a chance to use that great background stamp, Handcarved, as well as the Zoo Babies stamp set.  For my sentiment I turned to the Baby We've Grown stamp set.  Since the baby's room has been decorated in a "zoo" style, I think the card is perfect.


For more about this challenge, check out the Watercooler Challenge Blog.

The card also works perfectly for the Around the World Stampin' Up! Challenge.  This time the cards are supposed to feature squares and that is exactly what my card features as well.

10 comments:

  1. again, great entry for the challenge(s). Thank you for sharing and being a big part of the watercooler challenges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Ter. This was a fun challenge.

      Delete
  2. Very cute card, Heidi. I love Zoo Babies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan. The new parents-to-be have done the room decor in "baby jungle" so Zoo Babies was perfect.

      Delete
  3. Very cute, Heidi! Thank you for your participation to AW challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heidi this is such a delightful card! I've been debating that background and I love it with this card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jackie. It's really a "tribal" look, isn't it? I wasn't sure but now that I'm using it, I like the background stamp more each time.

      Delete
  5. This is so adorable, Heidi! It's perfect for a little boy card - and I love the "safari" feel.

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.