Sunday 1 June 2014

WCC01 - The Wacky Watercooler Colour Challenge


It's wonderful to be part of the Wacky Watercooler group of Stampin' Up! Demonstrators.  We have discussions on the Wacky Watercooler and from that grew our monthly Blog Hops and now our bi-monthly Challenges.  It's fun to be part of this group of very enthusiastic and artistic ladies.  It keeps me on my toes.  For this, our first Challenge, we are using any of the brand new 2014-16 In-Colors from the new Annual Catalogue.

My colour choice was Lost Lagoon.  It's a blue, but a blue that is very different from the other blues already in the Stampin' Up! colour line-up.  If it's similar to any colour, I would have to say it's a deeper and slightly more smoky shade of the retired Baja Breeze.  But you'll have to decide if it reminds you of that colour when you see it for yourself.  Colours on the computer screen and in real life are not necessarily the same.

For my card I used a base cardstock of Basic Black with a second layer of Lost Lagoon embossed with the Arrows embossing folder.  Then I used my Ovals Framelits to cut a Basic Black layer and then the stamped Whisper White layer.  The stamps I used were from the new Traveller stamp set and the new Work of Art stamp set.

I finished off with a sentiment from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set and the Bitty Banners framelits.


And that is my card for the WCC01 Wacky Watercooler Colour Challenge.

Please visit our home blog which lists the Watercooler Challenge Artists and shows their wonderful samples.



10 comments:

  1. Thank you Heidi for being a part of the challenge!! I like your card very much. I am loving the new In-Colors. I look forward to seeing what you do next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ter. I agree wholeheartedly about the new In-Colors. They are a lot of fun to work with. This Challenge is a great way to stretch---thanks for putting it together.

      Delete
  2. This ship looks so cool "coming out of the blue". Nice card and masculine option.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jackie. I think it could make a good masculine birthday (or even Father's Day) card.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful card, Heidi. I love how you combined two new sets with the In Colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. That new Traveler set is such fun to use.

      Delete
  4. Stunning work! I love this colour and you did a great job making it come alive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stefanie. I love the colour as well (obviously), especially since it takes on a different "identity" depending on which colour one combines it with.

      Delete
    2. I love this card, Heidi!! I would never have thought of putting those stamps together - but they work great. And now the embossing folder is going on the wish list, too.

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Buffy. I was resistant to the embossing folder but find I have used it more frequently than I believed I would. Sometimes you have to have it to see how versatile it can be.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.