Saturday 28 June 2014

CMCC#26 -- Adventure Bound!

I found a weekly creative challenge for colour lovers!  How sweet is that?  Stepping out of my comfort zone and trying new colour combinations is a good workout for me.  I'm looking forward to it.  This week's challenge has an interesting array of colours


For this card I chose to use the Traveler stamp set because I really wanted to use the train image.  The background stamp, World Map, was the perfect backdrop.  All I had to do was to make a mask of the train so that I could stamp the map over it without ruining the image.  The train looked fine coloured in Chocolate Chip while the map just cried out to be coloured with the Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight and Pear Pizzazz.  

I needed a sentiment but really didn't wish to use the "miss you already" again.  It's a great sentiment but I was ready for something else.  That "something else" came in the new Project Life Remember This stamp set.  I knew that "adventure bound" was the sentiment I was looking for.  Stamped in Chocolate Chip ink and mounted over a backing of Chocolate Chip cardstock, it was exactly what I wanted.


Check out the other cards made for this challenge at Colour Me....!

6 comments:

  1. Love your use of the background stamp - great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colouring on your map background! Great use of the colours, too :) I'm so in love that with train and I really like how you have paired it with that background. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Me...! this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tara. I really enjoyed your challenge.

      Delete
  3. The colors look great on your map, what a clever way to use them! So glad you found our challenge at Colour Me...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Katie. I am really enjoying your challenges.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.