Tuesday 17 June 2014

CAS(E) this Sketch #80 - a clean and simple challenge

I'm enjoying challenges.  But then I guess you've noticed that, haven't you?  I like trying my hand at creating something along the parameters of another person's design because it forces me to think outside my nice, comfy little "box".  This was the design for the challenge.


My base is Naturals White cardstock.  Then I've adhered a length of frayed Burlap Ribbon vertically down the centre.  On top of that I've mounted a window shape on dimensionals.  It's a double window with the base having been cut from the new In-Color, Lost Lagoon, and the next layer having been cut from Whisper White.  On the Whisper White I've stamped a shape from the Work of Art stamp set in Baked Brown Sugar and Lost Lagoon.  I off-stamped twice with each to give the background a more subtle look.

On that I stamped a portion of the sandpipers from the Wetlands stamp set and at the sides, stamped the bullrushes.  I finished by stamping "Thinking of You" using Lost Lagoon and sponging the edges with Baked Brown Sugar ink.

To finish I took the bits left over from fraying the Burlap Ribbon and mounted clusters using glue dots and topped them with Candy Dots.


For more great designs that have been submitted for this challenge, go to Case This Sketch






6 comments:

  1. You really nailed this sketch Heidi. Nicely done. I like the Wetlands stamp set and this really gives it an outdoorsy, manly kind of look. Perfect! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Penny. I really enjoyed playing with the burlap for this card, too. I'm enjoying the challenges---they make me think outside my normal.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a very well done card - love the burlap thread clusters with the candy dots!! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! I love the texture of the burlap! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.