Saturday 24 May 2014

All that new stuff

It's actually one week from today that the new 2014/15 Annual Catalogue is open for orders.  Are you excited?  I certainly am.  I've had the opportunity to get a few "sneak peek" products with which to play and if nothing else, they've whetted my appetite for more.

I've already used a couple of the brand new 2014/16 In-Colors for my blog hop post.  Today I'm going to show off another one along with the Hello Honey that you've already seen.  Tangelo Twist is not really an orange.  It is more along the line of a tangerine or even a light blood orange.  I used both colours to stamp the background using the new stamp set, Work of Art.  I simply off-stamped once for the lighter colour and then used the full colour of ink on the second stamping for each of the colours.  Then, using black ink, I stamped the silhouette of the tree and birds from the Serene Silhouettes stamp set.  I also used black ink for the sentiment.

My base cardstock is Tangelo Twist and I've used a layer of Basic Black to outline the Whisper White on which I've done the stamping.


It's a simple card but it certainly has a WOW factor, doesn't it?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my...trying for the third time...I really do want you to know that I love the card. It definitely has Wow factor. Love the two stamp set combination, the colors and the single shaped corner. Each of those elements adds to the Wow. Thanks for sharing the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jean. I love those two stamp sets. There's something about silhouettes that really appeals to me. And what can I say about the Work of Art set except that I have never used another stamp set that has been so versatile.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.