Wednesday 10 February 2021

WWC308 - Tristan's Challenge: All About Occasions

 Ooooh!  I have a fun birthday coming up and am excited to be able to use a brand new stamp set: Art Impressions by Bonnie Krebs, Frog Set.  I know my grandson is going to absolutely love the card!


My base is the Heavy Whisper White followed by a matte of Old Olive.  I did the stamping on a piece of Mixed Media paper and watercoloured the images using my Derwent watercolour pencils and Aquapainter.


At this angle it's a bit easier to tell that I've coloured the confetti with my silver pen and added the Shimmery Crystal Effects to the flame of the large candle.  All the "bodies" of the candles also have a layer of Nuvo Aqua Shimmer on them and, in real life, are quite gorgeous.  Of course I had to ground the group but felt a huge waterlily leaf would be more appropriate than actual ground and so sketched one in.  I used my Stampin' Up! Mossy Meadow ink for that, fading the colour as I came to the front of the group.  I love that the Mossy Meadow is different enough in colour to compliment the green of the frogs, don't you?


For the inside of the card I decided to use a matte as well, again in Old Olive.  Then I used another sentiment from the set for the centre and the bullrushes from the retired Wetlands stamp set for the right-hand side.  I was excited to use a craft "spring" for my frog.  It allows the card to close tight for the envelope and doesn't create a bulge but when you open the card, Mr. Frog is suspended outwards from the paper by about half and inch.  I'm just crazy about these springs and will use them again for certain.

Have fun checking out our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and I hope you'll link your creation before the deadline on Monday, February 15th, 2021.

I'm also entering my card in the following challenges:

Cardz 4 Guyz Challenge #264 - CAS

Lemon Shortbread Challenge #139 - Anything Goes

Dream Valley Challenges #241 - Add Some Green

5 comments:

  1. Cute card inside and out. Love the coloring. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great silly guy card...well done!! Thanks for playing along with our CAS challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a party on a lily pad, Heidi - so darling!! Thanks for the inspiration at Watercooler Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A super fun card, Heidi! Love the jumping frog when you open the card! He looks to be enjoying himself!! Stay safe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A super fun card for the guyz. Thanks for joining in the fun at Cardz 4 Guyz. We hope to see you again. Stay safe and well. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.