Wednesday 12 August 2020

WWC 284 - Dawn's Challenge: All About Occasions

This week Dawn is hosting our awesome All About Occasions Challenge and so I've created a fun Christmas card for my stash.  Time is marching on and I need those cards!  What could be better than combining one of those popular Gnomes with a gingerbread man?


 I've  used some very old, retired Designer Paper along with this adorable Gnome.  I think the patterns work together beautifully, don't you?  And I took inspiration for the colours in the card from the patterned paper.  For my base I used the heavy Whisper White and then added a layer of Early Espresso.  After adding a different pattern to each side, I cut out a stitched oval from Whisper White and embossed that using a Falling Snow embossing folder.  Then  I added a stitched rectangle of  Cherry Cobbler and embossed that using the Subtle embossing folder.  


I attached the Gnome using Dimensionals after colouring him (and his sweet friend) with my alcohol ink Blends.   


I love the way the card turned out and hope you do, too.  Have fun checking out our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and I hope you'll link your creation before the deadline on Monday,  August 17th.

4 comments:

  1. Love the colours Heidi - they all work very well together. That the gnome is holding gingerbread man brings everything together nicely. Great to see you here in our challenge - thank you for joining us at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge xxxx Lynda DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi, what a adorable card. I love how you combined your Gnome with the Ginger bread man. Such a Happy card to add to your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love your gnomie with gingerbread man, Heidi - so adorable!! Great combo of patterns and textures too - especially love that Subtle embossing on the red (I had to check it out on Stampin' Up's website)! Thanks for the inspiration at WWC!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super cute little Christmas gnome, Heidi! Love this card with the fun DP and layered effects! Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.