Wednesday 15 March 2017

Watercooler Wednesday Challenge #110 - A Clean & Simple Easter Bunny


I love Easter and Easter Bunnies are simply adorable.  Whether they're the real, wiggly nosed type or the yummy chocolate type, I love them all.  So you can imagine how happy I was when Heather Hopson decided to make her challenge all about Easter Bunnies.  Of course it has to be Clean & Simple, too, but that just makes it more of a challenge.


I wish I had a stamp as cute as those bunnies in Heather's picture.  Actually, hunting around my room, I quickly discovered that I don't have any bunny stamps at the moment.  I know I wanted to get rid of retired stamps, but purging all my bunnies?  In retrospect, I think that wasn't one of my best decisions.

But where there's a will, there's a way.  We're fine with die-cuts now and punch art is really just a bunch of die-cuts, right?  So I manufactured my bunny using, of all things, my Cookie Cutter punch.  I also used a few others, like my small oval and some circles, but you can see that in my card.  For my background I stamped some of the long grasses from the High Tide set using the Emerald Envy ink.  And then, just to separate the white layer from the white base, I sponged some of the same green around the perimeter of that layer, too.


The googly eyes?  Retired, yes, but oh so very cute.  I couldn't resist.

I hope you'll check out the wonderful creations by the other Watercooler Artists at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and then link up your own cute Easter Bunny for us to enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Your card is so inspiring! Shows what a person can do with just punches to work with. You have created a bunny that is so cute! I love his buck teeth and his eyes! Well done, Heidi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi, you are so clever. Love your punch art bunny. Great job.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Susie

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.