Wednesday 1 February 2017

Watercooler Wednesday Challenge #104 - Love You Lots


I love sketch challenges.  Serendipitously we have a sketch challenge hosted by Kath Ricks at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.  As you can see, the sketch is very versatile.  Actually I didn't change it much for my card, as you will see.


Basically, I loved the layout just as it was and didn't even think about flipping it directionally.  The only little "tweaks" I made were to change it from a square to a more standard rectangle and also to change the oval to a circle.  Little things.

I had wanted to use the little love-bugs from the Hostess Love You Lots set for quite some time and the timing was perfect.  With Valentine's Day around the corner, what could be more perfect than the two love-bugs, the new Lace Doily from the Occasions Catalogue, the Falling Petals embossing folder, and the wonderful Ruched Sweet Sugarplum Ribbon, all thrown together into a romantic little card?

I used the Heavy Whisper White as my base and then added a layer of Crumb Cake and then an embossed layer of Sweet Sugarplum.  I stamped and coloured the little love-bugs before fussy-cutting them to mount them on a circle of Serene Scenery DSP, die cut using the stitched circle framelits.  The lace doily behind the circle really adds a touch of romance, don't you think?  To make the ruched ribbon stand out against the Sweet Sugarplum background, I backed it with a piece of the new 5/8" Burlap Ribbon.


To finish the card off I added three little red Glimmer Paper hearts to the upper left side.  I hope you'll check out the cards created by the other Watercooler Artists at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

6 comments:

  1. Your cute little love bugs were perfect for this time of year with Valentine's just around the corner. Love how you showcased them on the DSP and the doily. The Falling Hearts EF is definitely on my "must have" list for this Occasion, and when I see how it dresses up your card's background, I can't wait to get it. Thanks so much Heidi for your lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Penny. See, I think of that embossing folder the same way---falling hearts. But Stampin' Up! calls it Falling Petals which always throws me. I wind up having to go back and correct it. So glad I'm not the only one. :)

      Delete
  2. Ah so cute Heidi - we call them ladbybirds here in the UK - I never know what to do with those doilies so thanks for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually they're ladybugs over here but as far as I'm concerned, on my card they're "lovebugs". I don't use doilies very often but these new ones are such a nice, small size.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.