Wednesday 6 July 2016

WWC75 - You're Always There for Me


This week's challenge over at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge is a sketch hosted by Deborah Smart.  I love sketch challenges.  They make you think in terms of layout first.  Certainly it is more disciplined than an otherwise "open" creative process.


I frequently change the aspect of the sketch, putting it on its side or flipping it vertically.  This time, however, I stayed with the sketch the way it was presented.  It gave me an idea and I ran with it.  I would combine the beautiful From Land to Sea stamp set with the new Seaside embossing folder.

I began with a base of Heavy Whisper White.  My next layer of Dapper Denim cardstock was first embossed using the Seaside embossing folder, then each raised "ripple" was brushed with the Wink of Stella, and finally attached to the base.  The long rectangle used a base of Whisper White and then another layer of Whisper White upon which I stamped the lighthouse image, masked the bottom, and then carefully stamped the mountains from the In the Meadow stamp set to give the impression of land on which it was built.  For the squarish rectangle, I used a base of Kraft paper and then a layer of Whisper White upon which I stamped the sea turtle image twice and then the sentiment from the Love You Lots hostess set.

All my images and backgrounds were watercoloured using my Aqua Painter and various inks.  The tiny bubbles around the turtles are stamped with an image from the Timeless Textures stamp set.


I hope you'll check out the wonderful creations by the other Watercooler Artists at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.  We'd love to see your creation linked up this week.

I've also included my card in the SUO challenge #152, Delight in Nature.

As well as in the Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge, anything goes.

16 comments:

  1. Heidi, this is gorgeous!! Love the use of the sketch along with the From Land to Sea stamp set- perfect for all of the challenges!! Thanks for playing along with us at SU-Only Challenges- hugs, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much, Julie. That's high praise from someone who has used this set so brilliantly.

      Delete
  2. Heidi, I love this card and how you used the Land to Sea set which is one of my favorites. Also, you have inspired me to try this layout. I might even get the card made to join the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Marie. Here's hoping you get your card linked up. I'll be looking for it.

      Delete
  3. This is not a set which registered with me looking through the catalogue - its great to see them being used and in such a fab way. Adds to my list.... oops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Fiona. I fell in love with this set when it was introduced. Ever since I swam alongside some sea turtles, I've been addicted to pictures of them.

      Delete
  4. Such a sweet card and sentiment! Thank you for joining us at ATSM this week!
    Kamila DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card! Thanks for playing along at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card and yes, it really does delight in nature!! Your watercolouring is so beautiful!! So glad you joined the fun at SUO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your choice of colors and the coloring is just PERFECT! I love your turtles! Thanks for joining the SUO challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much, Mary. Those turtles are my favourite in the set.

      Delete
  8. Super card, I love it!! Thanks for playing along with the SUO challenge this time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Karen. It was a fun challenge.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.