Monday 22 December 2014

Keeping it simple

It's that time of the year when you begin wishing for simplicity.  At least I do.  With all the holiday preparations and all the cards that get made this time of year I reach a point where I want the fancy stuff to end and the simple stuff to begin.  Maybe I can't do that for my life at the moment, but I certainly can manage this for my cards.

What could be more simple than white on white?  Add a "pop" of colour and it's done.  Well, maybe it's not quite that easy, but almost.  I began with a base of Whisper White.  Then I added a smaller rectangle of Whisper White that I first embossed using my Lovely Lace embossing folder.  The intricate pattern of that embossing folder makes the white layer stand out against the white base.

Before attaching the embossed piece, I stamped the base with two of the stamps from the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set using Blackberry Bliss ink.  Then I stamped the sentiment from the new Painted Petals stamp set also using Blackberry Bliss ink.  After attaching the embossed piece, I scattered a few Rhinestone jewel embellishments and the card was done.


For more cards that are white with a pop of colour, check out The Paper Plunge.

For more cards using this sketch and having only a base plus one layer, check out The Friday Mashup.

10 comments:

  1. The white on white with splashes of Blackberry Bliss is very dramatic! Love the sentiment. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Heidi. I love the sentiment, too, and expect to use that stamp set a fair bit in the coming months. What a great Occasions catalogue!

      Delete
  2. Love this simple card, Heidi! The 'pop' of color is perfect! We are so excited to see what you create week after week for The Paper Plunge...thank you for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Leslie. I enjoy your challenges.

      Delete
  3. Super COOL with the spatters! Love the clean (yet splotchy) look of this card, and the embossing really "makes" it! Thanks again for playing with us again this week at The Paper Plunge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Amanda. I really enjoy your challenges and am glad I finally have a bit more time to play.

      Delete
  4. Wow, this is stunning! I love your design and the little bits of grunge sticking out behind the elegant embossed panel. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Tara. Sometimes less really is more.

      Delete
  5. I like it! I gravitate towards simple cards myself (especially in making them)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't usually go for white on white but it worked well this time with the one piece embossed like that. Simple isn't always that easy, is it? It just looks that way. I've seen your cards---you put a lot of work into that simplicity.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.