Thursday 24 April 2014

Tiny changes

Sometimes all it takes to change a card is a bit of colour.  I made up the following card initially using a piece of Designer Paper from the Fresh Prints Paper Stack that is available until the end of May (or until supplies run out) through the Occasions Catalogue.  The stack of 4 1/2" x 6 1/2" paper offers 4 pieces each of 12 double-sided designs.  I love the variety.  There are very neutral designs and colours as well as much bolder designs and colours, all in shades of Coastal Cabana, Crumb Cake, Real Red and Whisper White.

The first card which I made shows off one of the neutral designs.  I love the white fans on the background of Crumb Cake.  To keep it neutral and to make the flowers I intended to use "pop", I used Crumb Cake as my base cardstock.  My next layer is one of the lovely, dainty White Tea Lace Paper Doilies  which are so easy to use and so affordable since they come in a package of 24.  On top of that, across the lower portion of my card front, I attached a 2 1/8" x 4 1/4" piece of the Designer Paper.

I cut a banner out of Whisper White cardstock using the third largest of the Banner Framelits from the Occasions Catalogue.  Then I centered the squared off top of the banner in my Scalloped Tag Topper Punch to add the pretty detail and also to make it possible to tie a ribbon to the top.  For the sentiment I used the Perfect Pennants (also from the Occasions Catalogue) using Crumb Cake ink.  I also sponged Crumb Cake around the edges of the tag.

After adding a piece of Raspberry Ripple Stitched Satin Ribbon, I chose to attach the tag on an angle using dimensionals.  Then I added a large flower stamped in Raspberry Ripple with the Flower Shop stamp set and two small flowers, one in Raspberry Ripple and one in Marina Mist, and finished them off with pearls in their centres.

The next card is made in precisely the same way with just a few colour changes.

For my Designer Paper I used a piece that included all the colours:  Real Red, Coastal Cabana, Crumb Cake and Whisper White.  I stayed true to the Crumb Cake as my base cardstock but changed out the colours of my flowers, using the Real Red for the large flower and one of the small flowers and then the Coastal Cabana for the other small flower.  I decided to use the Crumb Cake Seam Binding ribbon for the top of the tag so that the focal points of the card were the flowers and the Designer Paper.


These cards can easily be stamped "Happy Mother's Day" or "Happy Birthday" on the inside.  Or they could be used simply for a get well or just because type of card.

Don't forget that the Occasions catalogue will only be active until June 1st.  If you want the Paper Stack, Banner Framelits, Petite Petals Bundle or Scalloped Tag Topper punch, this is the time to get them.  And don't forget that FREE SHIPPING ends on Friday, April 25th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.