Friday 31 January 2014

Not just an ordinary Tag Topper!

On page 35 of the Occasions mini catalogue, you'll find the new tag toppers that Stampin' Up! is offering.  Those toppers make wonderful tags and can, of course, be used for a whole lot of other projects as well.  Remember my little Valentine's chocolate holder?

Well, yesterday I was waiting at a train stop and my mind began wandering (waiting can do that to a mind).  And suddenly I had one of those "lightbulb" moments.  I did everything but shout out "eureka".  What did my wandering mind come up with?  Just like that, waiting for a train to pass, I figured out how to use that punch to make an adorable little box.  This idea came complete with score lines, measurements...the whole shebang!  Wow, huh?

So, of course, as soon as I got home I took out a piece of paper and a pencil and sketched out that template so that I wouldn't forget it.  Last night I finally had time to try it out.  And, guess what!  It worked perfectly!  I'm going to have to wait for trains more often.


Today I'm going to get to work and make another little box.  This time, however, I'm going to take photos of each step.  That way, along with the template which I plan to post, you'll be able to make one of these cute boxes, too.  Excited?  I sure am!

If you haven't seen the template and instructions, click here!

2 comments:

  1. Don't you just love those "Eureka" moments! I know I do too and they come at the strangest times. Your little box looks simply adorable. I'm loving all these new ideas that are coming forward for these two punches.........who says they're just for tags! Thanks Heidi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Penny, thanks so much for the lovely comment. I wish those Eureka moments would be more frequent but am happy they happen at all. I love my Scallop Tag Topper punch!

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.