Friday 28 June 2013

Stamping a Scrapbook Page!

I had some outdoor photos that I wanted to scrapbook and couldn't find any Designer Paper that "spoke" to me.  You know what that can be like.  Nothing feels quite like the page you want to make.  Well, at that point, I decided to stamp my own background for the scrapbook page.

First things first, I chose a sheet of the 12" x 12" Crumb Cake cardstock.  The great thing about this colour is that it is light enough to stamp on and neutral enough not to interfere with the colours in the photos.  To give the page a bit more punch, I used a damp sponge rubbed slightly over my ink pad to add some subtle colour to the bottom and top of the sheet.  At the top I used Marina Mist and at the bottom I used Pear Pizzazz.  It's a very subtle effect, but I wanted to get away from simply stamping on the plain Crumb Cake.

Once that dried, I chose that wonderful new stamp set, Wetlands, to stamp the rushes, the geese and the marsh birds across the bottom of the page.  Then I used my old friend, Lovely As A Tree, to stamp some trees across the top of the page.  For all this stamping, I used the new Baked Brown Sugar ink.  Now I was ready to mount my photos.

For the photos I used some of the new Squares Framelits to crop them and also to cut the mats onto which they would be mounted.  For those mats I used Always Artichoke, Baked Brown Sugar, Naturals Ivory and Chocolate Chip.  As you can see, two of those shapes aren't squares.  I also used my Ovals Framelits as well as one of the shapes from the Apothecary Accents Framelits.

To add a bit of interest, I adhered a piece of the Natural Trim Ribbon in a lazy, meandering diagonal and stamped it using my Fabulous Phrases stamp set and Crumb Cake ink.  Once everything was mounted on the page, I stamped a few sentiments (sorry, a couple are retired but were perfect for my page).


To finish off the page, I added a bit of white on the Canada Geese using my Aqua Painter and white Craft Ink and also put a tiny bit of Always Artichoke on the tips of the fir trees using my Stampin' Marker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.