Wednesday 6 June 2018

WWC173 - Tenia's Feminine "Anything Goes" Challenge


This week Tenia Nelson is hosting our popular Feminine "Anything Goes" Challenge and, of course, you know that I love this particular challenge.  A lot of my stamps are more "girly" than neutral and so I most frequently create cards with a feminine touch.


At the moment I'm going through a huge sorting job.  What am I sorting?  I've decided that I am borderline "hoarder" with my retired stamps and so I have instructed myself to be more realistic and actually keep only those stamp sets which I know I will use.  What good are a whole lot of "oh, but I love it stamps" when they're not being used?

This stamp set which I've used, Indescribable Gift, is one that I'm on the fence about.  In its lifetime with me I've used it perhaps four or five times.  Each time I love it and love colouring it and make promises about using it more often (which I consequently break).  Again, when I used it this time I began to fall in love again.  I think, however, it's with the act of colouring and not necessarily with the stamp set.  And so this is my "goodbye" play with this particular stamp set.

Aren't the blossoms stunning, watercoloured with the gorgeous new Lovely Lipstick ink?  And the leaves, too, with the combination of Tranquil Tide and Granny Apple Green inks?  The new colour refresh which Stampin' Up! introduced with the new Annual Catalogue really is exciting and refreshing.  Certainly, I'll miss several of the retired colours but, oh, how beautiful the new colours are which replaced them!


I've layered the Tranquil Tide with Whisper White for my background.  The fun stamped textures are from the Artisan Textures stamp set and used the Tranquil Tide and Granny Apple Green inks.  For the off-kilter square in which I've stamped my image, I used a matte of Lovely Lipstick.  The textures behind and around the blossom are also from the Artisan Textures set and were stamped with the Balmy Blue (off-stamped once).

So "goodbye" to this lovely stamp set and "hello" to our challenge.  I hope you'll check out the awesome samples created by our wonderful Watercooler Artists at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge blog.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, and colors. If you truly are giving up that stamp set would you please contact me at melrosemiss@aol.com. I would be interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just getting around to doing some commenting, and realized I hadn't commented on your great card. Its always wonderful to be able to reach back for an old friend such as this Incredible Gift stamp set and know that it will provide you with a terrific looking card every time. Love the layering and your choice of background texture stamping as well. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.