Thursday 16 February 2017

The Wacky Watercooler February "Spring Fever" Blog Hop


It's time for another blog hop and this time, since we're all getting rather tired of the white stuff, we're having a "Spring Fever" theme.  There is so much that goes on in Spring, isn't there?  Easter, Mother's Day, Birthdays and so much more.

As you will remember, if you've wandered through our blog hops before, our blog hop is presented in a circular fashion.  What does that mean?  Wherever you begin in our blog hop, whether you go forwards or backwards through the participants, eventually you will wind up precisely where you began.  I hope you'll take time to visit all the participating blogs and, perhaps, leave a short message letting us know  what you've thought of our posts.

If you've been moving forwards through the blog hop, you'll have arrived here from the very talented Marie Green's post.  


* * * * * * * * * * 

It's my grandson's tenth birthday today and so I took advantage of some of the new products which I ordered to put his card together.  What better set to use than the Everyday Hero as well as the Balloon Adventures?  If you're wondering about the "X" on his outfit, it stand for Xavian---however, we always call him X-Man.


You can't really see the full effect here, but the sentiment is gorgeous since I heat embossed it using the copper embossing powder.  


I continued the theme inside with another sentiment from the Balloon Adventures set.  

* * * * * * * * * * 

For my second project, I decided to use the gorgeous Window Box Thinlits dies.  I didn't use coloured paper simply because I intended to fill the box with colourful Skittles, one of Xavian's favourite candies.  With a white box, the colours of the skittles show up beautifully through the die-cut holes.


I decided  to put a big, shiny star on top, with the scribbly heart and the die-cut "10".  I'm happy with the result.  I just hope Xavian takes the time to have a good look before he opens it to get at the candies.

* * * * * * * * * * 

For my third and final project, I had an idea for a framed piece of art.  I began with a 6" x 6" piece of Watercolour Paper and sketched a background of sunset, waves and sand.  Then I began using various images from my stamp sets.  I used the lighthouse from the High Tide set as well as the seagulls and sentiment.  Then I added the sandpipers from the Wetlands set to balance the seagulls.  Finally I added the dancing girl from the Beautiful You set.  Then I set to the task of colouring in the lighthouse and the girl, to make them silhouettes against the bright sunset.  Of course, to give everything some depth, I also added shadows.


I think the images work beautifully together, don't you?

* * * * * * * * * * 

And that's it for my projects.  I hope you've enjoyed them as much as I enjoyed creating them.  From here you'll be visiting another wonderfully creative stamper, Penny Hanuszak.







12 comments:

  1. Heidi, I bet your grandson, or should I say X-Man, loved his card and box of Skittles. I just recently used the Everyday Hero to create a card and box for my grandson who turned 7. I love that set! Your projects are fantastic!

    Love the creativity you put into your framed piece. Well thought out. I wish I had that kind of talent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Marie. Actually we decided that the boys have a surplus of electronics and games and so decided to do something different in the way of gifts. From my husband and I, he received a gift card for Chapters because he loves to read. And another gift card to a place called "Colour Me Mine"---a pottery place where one can paint up a piece of greenware and then they bake it in the kiln. That way we can all join him and encourage his creativity.

      Delete
  2. Oh Heidi what terrific projects. I love all three of them. Your Everyday Hero card is so great for a 10 year old and the white box is perfect for showing off skittles! Hope your little "X-man" had a great birthday! What fun! The combination of stamp sets and your beautiful colouring in your third project, are sensational. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Penny. X-Man loved both the card and the box. In fact the box is going into his "keepsakes" stash. (He's a bit of a hoarder.)

      Delete
  3. Heidi, what great projects for your grandson's birthday! I'm sure he will absolutely love them. And your framed work - just gorgeous. I've had the same idea in my head for a while; hopefully mine will turn out nearly as good as yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Deb. You'll have to share your project once you get it completed. I think the images in the High Tide and Beautiful You sets just beg to be used as art.

      Delete
  4. Heidi, I love the X-Man's birthday card...the sunburst is PERFECT for the Super Hero! I've been sitting on the fence about the window box card...but *sigh* I might just need to add it to my wish list. Great job combining the 3 different stamp sets in your framed artwork! Lots of inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sheri. I added that Window Box die to my order at the very last minute. I really was waffling about it. But now that I have it, I can see that the various pieces will be fun to use outside the actual box.

      Delete
  5. All of your projects turned out wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heidi You amaze me! I loved all your projects, but the one that really got my attention was the last one. It is so beautiful. Your colors and the shading are perfect! The combination of the three stamp sets work beautifully together. The more I see that Window Box the more I want to add it to my wish list. Great projects and inspirational ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh golly - love that superhero card - it's fabulous. The gift is adorbs as well! Great ideas this month Heidi! I'll have to pin these!

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.