Wednesday 17 August 2016

WWC81 - It's a Good Day!


It's time for another challenge and this week it's being hosted by Gail Allen.  I love colour challenges and the colours which Gail chose work beautifully together.  The hardest part of the challenge was committing to just one project.  Yes, that's how much I loved the colours.


Aren't they great?  I had a lot of things in mind, including a pretty sunset, etc.  But in the end I couldn't resist using the adorable little frog from the Hostess set, Love You Lots, again.  What can I say?  He makes me smile.

I decided to try a technique I've seen used on several cards over the past few months.  One cuts the front of the card apart and leaves a gap which one connects with a narrower shape, leaving a visually very distinctive card.  For mine I began with a base of Heavy Whisper White which I cut to 4 1/4" x 7 1/2" and then I cut another piece measuring 4 1/4" x 2".   I scored the longer piece at 5 1/2".   To link the 2" piece at the top of the card with the 2" piece that was all by itself, I cut a piece of Heavy Whisper White using the largest of my Banner Framelits, but kept it to a shortened 4 1/2".  That is what I used to link the two front pieces together.

I combined a number of stamp sets for my card.  The umbrella is from the Weather Together set, the grass is from the In the Meadow set, and the sentiment is from the Best Birds set.  I've already mentioned the frog.  That is definitely my favourite Hostess set this year.  Because the umbrella had to have a reason for being there, I decided to create a nice, bright sun using the Daffodil Delight and Peekaboo Peach, cut with the Swirly Scribbles thinlits and pieced together.  The floral background comes from the 2016-18 In-Colors Designer Series Stack and is perfect for this happy little card.


Like I said, this frog makes me smile.  I hope you like him, too.  Don't forget to check out the wonderful creations by the other Watercooler Artists at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.  And then, think about linking up your creation for us to enjoy.

I have two grandsons who insist that frogs are "cute and cuddly" and so, bowing to their expertise in these matters, I am linking my card to the SUO challenge which is for "cute and cuddly".

18 comments:

  1. Heidi your wonderful card with it's cute little frog hiding under that big watermelon umbrella brought a big smile to my face too. So cute! This is a great card style too and looks wonderful with all your layers. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Penny. I'm in love with that frog. :)

      Delete
  2. That little frog is so stinkin' cute, Heidi! Great job of seamlessly working all of the colours into your card. I really like that special fold technique, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely LOVE that little frog. I can never decide if he's thinking about life or just looking for some flies. But something about his expression just pulls me in.

      Delete
  3. Heidi, this is so cute :) I'm curious about the sentiment; is there more inside alongside "it's a good day"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathe. Right now there's nothing more to the sentiment. I had my sister in mind when I made the card and I'm hoping that the news is really good on Monday when she sees her surgeon. Fingers crossed that she won't need chemo. In which case I'll add the "great news" sentiment from the Happy Happenings set.

      Delete
  4. Heidi, this is one of the most adorable cards I've seen. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Marie. Don't you just want to hug that frog and take him home?

      Delete
  5. Love your sweet frog and the special fold on this card! Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Julie. It was a fun challenge.

      Delete
  6. Heidi, Gorgeous card! Love the layout and how you did the tag. The frog with the coloring is awesome. Thanks for playing along with SUO Challenges. ~ Pam, DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Pam. I think this is a fun and simple fold I'll use again and again.

      Delete
  7. Well he certainly is a cute little guy - not sure I agree with your grandsons about the cuddly though!! LOL. So glad you joined the fun at SUO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I would agree with you about some of the things boys seem to think are cute and cuddly.

      Delete
  8. Love the frog under the umbrella! I'm sure my grandson would think frogs are cute and cuddly, too! Darling card! Thanks for playing along with the Cute & Cuddly SUO Challenge this time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Connie. Boys really do have totally different takes on things, don't they?

      Delete
  9. Such a fun card front. Who knew a frog could be cuddly and need an umbrella? Great job in joining in with the SUO Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Cindee. Of course the frog needs an umbrella at mid-day or his thin skin will blister.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.