Wednesday 24 June 2015

PCCCS150 -- Hello!

It's time for another Paper Craft Crew Challenge design and this sketch is a big one!  Well, it's no larger than any other card but this is the big 150, a milelstone, for sure.  Because it's a milestone, all cards linked up for this challenge will be eligible for the Blog Candy draw.  Isn't that exciting?

The sketch this week was such fun to use.

Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch 150. #stampinup #papercraftcrew

I immediately reached for the beautiful Awesomely Artistic stamp set.  The dragonfly and those dainty flowers are just irresistible.  For this card I kept primarily to monochromes, featuring a combination of Mint Macaron and Bermuda Bay with Whisper White.  And then, for some fun, I three in some Blackberry Bliss.  

One of the things I particularly like about the Blackberry Bliss is the variety of colours that one ink provides.  I used only the Blackberry Bliss and my Aqua Painter for the flowers and it appears as if several different colours were used, doesn't it?  Especially when you consider that the dark square behind the flowers is a piece of Blackberry Bliss cardstock.  Like I said, it provides a huge range of colours.

My dragonfly is stamped on a piece of vellum in Bermuda Bay and then, because ink remains wet for quite a while on vellum, I covered it with Irridescent Ice embossing powder and heat embossed it.  Doesn't it look great?  Of course I fussy cut it to make it appear as if it just landed on the card.  I wanted a very lightweight ribbon for the card so that the airy feel of the dragonfly wouldn't be overwhelmed and so reached for my 1 1/4" White Jute Ribbon.  Instead of a bow, I cut a piece of the jute in half and made a knot in the centre.  After that I just pulled the threads apart.  Doesn't it look great?

The sentiment is Whisper White cut with the brand new Greetings Thinlits.  I like the size of these words---they're not overwhelming.  Finally, those shiny white dots along the right side of the card---those are the new White Perfect Accents.  They're like the Candy Dots but come in three sizes and are super shiny.  Love them!


























I've also entered my card into the Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge.  

4 comments:

  1. STUNNING card! Love the design, the Color choices, the textures—WOWZERS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Linda. What a lovely comment!

      Delete
  2. Very pretty card, Heidi! Lovely color combo and I love how you added texture with the woodgrain pattern! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful colours and love the pop of violet in the middle with the flowers. Its perfect for our challenge and I'm so glad you joined us at ATSM this week!

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.