Wednesday 10 June 2015

PCCCS148 -- Adventure Bound

It's getting close to Father's Day and, of course, Graduation has been happening for some and is coming very soon for others.  What a great opportunity to use the Traveler stamp set with some masculine flair!  I thought the sketch for the Paper Craft Crew Challenge lent itself to that idea perfectly.

Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch 148. #stampinup #papercraftcrew

What came to mind was travelling.  And so I pulled out the pages from the  beautiful Typeset Specialty Designer Paper which had the map illustrations on them and cut a piece for one side of my card.  For the smaller strip along the right side I chose not to use Designer Paper but, instead, used a piece of Very Vanilla upon which I stamped images of the ship and the locomotive from the Traveler stamp set.  Then I used the new Boho Chic embossing folder on the stamped piece, following which I lightly sponged it with black ink.  

A traveller needs a suitcase and so for the showcase piece, I stamped the suitcase on Very Vanilla, sponged the edges  of the cardstock using black ink, and added touches of Real Red to portions of the suitcase.  The Real Red repeats in the three stars to the left of the stamped piece as well as in the ribbon and in the banners.


I love the simplicity of the colours of this card.  It was such fun to create!  Of course I also loved the chance to use my Traveler stamp set again.

For more cards featuring this sketch, check out the Paper Craft Crew Challenges.

For more cards featuring a masculine theme, check out the fun challenge that the Paper Players team has come up with this week.

4 comments:

  1. What a great stamps and paper combo - love the pop of red too. Thanks for joining in with my masculine challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Joanne. I had fun trying something new for my background---those Traveler images are such fun.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.