Sunday 23 November 2014

So much for which to be thankful

It's nice to have a day in which we give thanks but I maintain that each and every day is a day to be thankful.  We have so much.  We enjoy such freedoms.  We can be creative to our hearts' content.

I love the colours in the Colour Me...! challenge.  Early Espresso, Soft Suede and Cajun Craze go together so beautifully.  Add in the soft brightness of Very Vanilla and you have a winning combination.  It's been such a busy few days, however, that I began to despair of having a chance to enter the challenge.  Today I stole a few hours.  I have to say, taking those hours and just having the opportunity to create something felt really good.

I decided to use the sketch from the challenge at the Freshly Made Sketches.  The layout was perfect for what I had in mind.


In sorting through some of my retired stamp sets a week or so ago, I had come across the Full of Blessings set and knew I wanted to use it this year.  Its images are timeless and, for this card, could be coloured using the colours in the challenge.  It's always such a boost to the spirits when everything falls into place, isn't it?

I love that the inks can be so many different shades of the same colour when one uses the Blending Pen.  I managed to get the pumpkins and the field to look very real simply with the Cajun Craze ink pad and Blending Pen.  So much for having to use a whole lot of colours.  Simplicity can really work and look great.


For more cards using these colours, check out the Colour Me...! challenge.

For more cards using this sketch, check out Freshly Made Sketches.

     Stamp sets:  Full of Blessings (retired), Project Life Holiday Cheer
     Paper:   Naturals Ivory, Very Vanilla, Cajun Craze, Soft Suede, Early Espresso,
                   Colour Me Autumn Designer Series Paper
     Inks:  Memento black ink, Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, Soft Suede
     Embellishments and tools:  Early Espresso Seam Binding ribbon, Blender Pen, 
                Argyle Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Stampin' Trimmer, Snail Adhesive,
                Dimensionals, Corner punch

10 comments:

  1. very nice card that looks (to me) some what vintage; T.F.S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Susan. I think the vintage "feel" is the muted colours I achieved with the Blending Pen.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous textured background and your blended colouring is perfect for this image. Thanks for sharing at Colour Me...!

    Anita x (Guest Designer)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Anita. I was surprised at how many shades I could manage with the same colours, thanks to the blending pen.

      Delete
  3. You really did get a lot of variation and texture with just Cajun Craze - it's lovely! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim. I did use the Soft Suede with the Blending Pen as well---on the bird and roof primarily, but also a bit to give more variation to the grasses.

      Delete
  4. This is such a beautiful image and you've showcased it wonderfully in this gorgeous card. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Karren. It's one of my favourite Thanksgiving sets.

      Delete
  5. Wonderful fall inspired card! Love the textures, ribbon and wonderful water colouring! Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us this week at Colour Me...! Sure hope we will see you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much for those kind words, Hayley. I enjoyed using those challenge colours.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.