Friday 28 November 2014

Christmas Bliss

Sometimes you run into a snag when you're making a card or entering a challenge.  This card ran into all sorts of snags and finally wound up missing the challenge time completely.  This is its sad story.

I've been running back and forth, looking after our daughter's house while they're gone for two weeks.  I certainly don't mind that in the slightest because I love them dearly, love their animals, and they look after our house when we're gone, too.  This week has been "interesting".  Besides a lot going on in my own life, there has been a horrific storm that pretty well stopped everything in its tracks.  Within the last 30 hours we've had a foot and a half of snow and it's still snowing.  The winds carry the snow off the roofs, causing deep drifts which make walking and/or driving even more of a challenge.  This morning we even lost our internet for a few hours.  Luckily it's finally back on but not in time for me.  Ah well...serves me right for not being an early bird, right?

My card uses that rather comical Designer Paper, Santa & Co.  Believe me, you don't see Santas like this every day.  I decided to take bull advantage of their odd appearance and odd postures.  They are the main focus of my card.  My sentiment simply underlines their oddness.  It's the title stamp from the Christmas Bliss stamp set and is perfect for the card.  I simply added a retired Real Red button and a candy cane cut out with the retired framelits set and the card is ready to give to a friend who will thoroughly enjoy the eccentric Santas.


This sketch is from the Paper Players Challenge which you can view here.

I've entered the card in the Less is More challenge since it features Santa Claus.

I've also entered the card in the Merry Monday Christmas Challenge since it features red, green and white.

14 comments:

  1. Super funny backing paper and love the colour scheme.
    We do tend to prefer more 'white' space at lim though
    Thanks for sharing your card.
    Sarah
    Less is more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah. I prefer more white space myself.

      Delete
  2. This is a really fun card, but as Sarah said, we do like to see a little white space! Love those images though!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to see that Santa is working toward fitness! Love this paper, Heidi! Love the card! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bonnie. These Santas are definitely not the images with which I grew up.

      Delete
  4. These silly Santas crack me up, love how you used them, too! Thanks for playing along with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Katie. I've had a hard time using this Designer Paper but it really worked well for this card.

      Delete
  5. This paper is hysterical! Love you card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Santa paper ..... so funny! Linda (GD Merry Monday) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Linda. The Designer Paper is the real focus which is why I left the large sentiment rectangle so white.

      Delete
  7. Sorry to be so late visiting you this week Heidi, what fun paper!
    Thanks so much for entering the LIM Challenge
    Anne
    Less is More Designer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what they say, Anne: better late than never. I really appreciate your comments. I enjoy the LIM challenges.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.