Sunday 27 April 2014

The Look of Watercolour

One of my favourite sets from the Occasions Catalogue is the Happy Watercolor stamp set.  That, along with the Watercolor Wonder Designer Series paper, tops my list of favourites.  One of the stamps in the set looks like a large watercolour "blob".  If you ink it up and stamp it, the colour even goes onto the paper similarly to watercolour.  It goes from lighter to darker.  I love the effect.

The card that I've made is simple but very effective.  All I used was the "blob" from the Happy Watercolor stamp set as well as my "C" acrylic block.  In this case, however, instead of simply using the acrylic block for mounting my stamp, I also inked it up and used it like a stamp.

On a piece of 3 3/4" x 5" Whisper White cardstock, I began by inking the "blob" with Marina Mist and stamped it towards the left side and just under 1/2" from the top.  Then I inked up my "C" block with Crushed Curry and stamped that partly over the bottom of the Marina Mist.  I cleaned the "C" block and then inked it up with Tangerine Tango and stamped that partly over the bottom of the Crushed Curry.  Then I inked up the "blob" again, this time with Gumball Green and stamped it partly over the bottom of the Tangerine Tango.  That brought me within about 1/8" of the bottom of my Whisper White.  This stack of colours wound up being approximately 1 3/8" from the right hand side of the cardstock at the closest.

I gave the inks a few minutes to dry thoroughly and then inked up the flowers from the Serene Silhouettes stamp set with my StazOn black ink and stamped the image onto the column of colours, approximately 1/8" from the bottom of the Gumball Green.

Then I took the "I'm here for you" stamp from the Petite Pairs stamp set and stamped that in black StazOn near the top right corner of the cardstock.

I used Marina Mist as my base cardstock and had a layer of 4" x 5 1/4" Basic Black cardstock on top of that before mounting the stamped Whisper White cardstock.

Simple, right?  I think it's simply gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.